When your sugar craving kicks in and you want something healthier than your usual brownie, opt for this truly tasty and decadent chocolate brownie which is full of goodness as well as flavour.
Makes 12 brownies
4 large sweet potatoes, washed
6 tbsp nut butter of your choice (peanut or almond work really well). You can use either smooth or crunch nut butter depending on how you like the texture of your brownies. Use also 1 tsp of the nut butter oil.
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon powder
Optional: pinch of nutmeg powder
100g fresh cranberries, washed
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Wash the sweet potato really well and place on a flat baking tray. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until tender
- Let the sweet potato cool down a little before removing the skin.
- Keep the skin and roast these with a little oil and sea salt. These are great for healthy snacking as well as a replacement for bread croutons on top of soup (no waste!).
- In a bowl, using a fork, mash the sweet potato flesh until smooth.
- Add ALL of the other ingredients including the cranberries to the mix.
- Using a glass or deep dish baking tray (approx. 26cm length and 20cm width), prepare a piece of baking paper before pouring the mixture into the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour. until the mixture has firmed up.
- Leave to cool and enjoy with some plant-based yoghurt, cream or ice-cream.