Apples are in season now and what better time to enjoy this delicious fruit in its many varieties than during the Autumn and Winter months, in a tart, pie, crumble or in its own skin. The only difficult decision to make is what to do with it.
Here is a delicious recipe to make our Apple Tart which you can enjoy any time of day.
8 apples (of your choice), washed, cored & thinly sliced (you can keep skin on or off however the skin is very nutritious and full of natural vitamins). You can slice the apples how you like, it is up to you.
4 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
Pinch of nutmeg
1 pack of ready to roll short or puff pastry (both work well
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/360F
- Put the apples in a saucepan with 4 tbsp of just boiled water, sugar and spices
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Using a 9″ baking tin (you can use a round cake tin, a baking tray or even make 12 mini tarts using a cupcake tray) roll out and shape your pasty
- Blind bake the pastry (by laying a piece of baking paper over the pastry and topping with dried beans and baking in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove pastry from oven and remove the baking paper and beans
- Top the pastry with your apple mixture
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Enjoy with whipped plant-based vegan cream or custard
Simply, tasty and a crowd pleaser!