These Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes are really quick and easy. Whenever you are in the mood for a sweet treat, this delicious recipe will curb those sweet tooth cravings any time of day!
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 250g self-raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 70ml sunflower oil
- 200ml plant-based milk (I use oat or soya)
- 4 tsp cider vinegar
Fresh strawberries for topping (or any fruit or topping you fancy)!
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- In a measuring jug, measure out the milk and add in the vinegar and leave to one side so it curdles (raising agent)
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well
- Add all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Using a cupcake baking tray divide the mixture out into 12
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Leave to cool before enjoying (patience is a virtue 🙂
- These cupcakes will last for up to 3 days (if they last that long) and will make any celebration or afternoon treat a true joy!
Top the vanilla cupcakes with our vegan buttercream recipe https://virtuosofoods.com/2020/06/vegan-buttercream-recipe/