Making your own granola is wonderful because you can add anything to it: from your choice of grains to nuts, seeds & fruits to a range of spices.
Here is our fabulous recipe for Cinnamon Granola.
2 cups oats (you can use gluten free variety if preferred)
1 cup mixed nuts (whole or chopped)
1 cup mixed dried fruits
1/2 cup mixed seeds (I used a mix of pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
1 tbsp black chia seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds (I had the black variety)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut flakes
Pinch of nutmeg (ground or whole that is grated)
Pinch of sea salt
2 tbsp coconut oil melted
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Mix the oil and maple syrup together until a smooth liquid and mix into the dry ingredients
- Lay the ingredients onto a baking tray
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes before mixing the ingredients
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or so until the mixture is starting to brown
- Leave to one side to cool completely
- Put in glass jars or glass containers to store in your pantry until you are ready to eat.
- Best enjoyed with some delicious coconut yoghurt and a topping of home-made berry compote
- Remember that you can add any variety of nuts, seeds & flavours of your choice to make this truly your style and taste!