As the weather gets warmer and temperatures soar around Europe including UK very soon, try this delicious recipe for a cooling, healthy & nutritious dessert.
This recipe is quick and easy and so versatile that you can create any flavour you and your family friends love. Give it a go and let me know how creative you get.
Serves 4 (2 scoops per person – depending on portion size)
4 large bananas, peeled & frozen
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup plant based milk of your choice
- Put frozen bananas in a strong food processor/blender, along with vanilla essence and 2 tbsp milk
- Blend until the bananas break down into a creamy texture (however thick/thin you want your ‘nice’ cream)
- Add your desired flavours and mix and keep some for toppings/decorations
- Enjoy straight away or put in a Tupperware and freeze until you are ready to enjoy
Varieties (to be added to the mix)
- Peanut / Nut Butters (use 4 tbsp)
- Mint Chocolate Chip (use 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp edible liquid peppermint)
- Strawberry (add 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries/berries)
- Chocolate (melt 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate and when slightly cooled down, add to the mix)
- Coffee & Walnut (add 1/4 cup walnuts and 2 tbsp coffee granules)
- Mix nuts (add 1/4 cup mixed nuts)
- To make your ice cream creamier, you can soak 1 cup of cashew nuts over night and add to the above mixture when you mix all the ingredients. You may need more milk to break down the ingredients to make your ice cream nice and smooth.