Chia seeds has numerous health benefits and is a fashionable superfood of our time. I love creating delicious recipes with this super-seed that not only keeps you full and satisfied, it will help neutralise and balance your body (…..and mind knowing you are enjoying healthy food).
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup hot water
pinch of Himalayan salt
1 tbsp maple syrup
pinch of cinnamon
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp desiccated coconuts (toasted is delicious)
Handful of berries (whatever you enjoy and ideally, whatever is in season)
- In a bowl add the chia seeds and liquids, including maple syrup and mix. The mixing process is important for the seeds to absorb the liquids and this may take a good few minutes (between 5-10 minutes)
- Once all the liquid has been absorbed, put the mix into your serving dish and top with your favourite toppings. If you like, you can add another drizzle of maple syrup.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- You can make home-made berry compote and add this on the top
- Enjoy 1 tbsp of your favourite nut butter
- If you enjoy your protein powders and require extra ‘power’ throughout the day, pre or post workout, add a serving of your favourite protein powder at the time your are mixing in the liquids.
- Toasted nuts always add a delicious flavour and texture to any porridge