These cookies are so tasty and decadent without the unnecessary addition of refined sugars and fats.
Makes 12 cookies
2 cups ground oats (gluten free)
2 cups ground almond
1/4 cup maple syrup
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla essence
pinch of sea salt
Almond milk if mixture is too dry
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla essence. The mix should come together however if it is still a little dry, add a couple tablespoons of almond milk
- In a baking tray, put a sheet of grease proof paper and then lay out the mixture
- Shape the mixture with a sharp knife by gently scoring the top (3 rows of 4 = 12) and then with a fork, gently ‘prick’ each 12 pieces
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes and when ready, leave on the side to cool. As it cools, the shortbread will get harder and crumblier.
Enjoy or pack and give as a gift to friends, family, colleagues and neighbours 🙂