A warming and filling dish packed with protein and nutrients that will leave you filling full and satisfied.
1/2 cup of brown lentils (pre-cooked with 1/5 cups water and 2 bay leaves)
1 aubergine, finely chopped
1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 ground thyme
1/4 cup hot water
1/8 sea salt
2 medium vine tomatoes, finely chopped
Pinch of black pepper
1 tbsp olive/sunflower/coconut oil
Optional: 1 small onion finely chopped
Large pasta shells. Use approx 6-8 per person as a main meal of 4 per person as a starter
1 vegetarian stock cube dissolved in 1/2 cup of hot water and 4 tbsp of tomato puree. Keep to one side.
- Pre-heat the over to 180C.
- In a saucepan, boil up some water with a pinch of sea salt. Once the water has boiled, add your pasta shells and cook for about 12-15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, add the oil, peppers and aubergine (and onion if using). Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the herbs and spices.
- Add the fresh tomatoes, lentils and 1/4 cup hot water and leave to simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Once the pasta shells are ready, drain.
- In a baking tray, spray some sunflower/olive/coconut oil and lay out the pasta shells.
- Fill each pasta shell with your mixture.
- Fill the bottom of the tray with the stock and tomato sauce and bake for 30 minutes.
Optional: add some vegan cream cheese or some coconut cream (approx. 4 tbsp) to the vegetable mixture to add a creamy texture.
This dish is great served with a green salad.