These cookies, although a little naughty, are so delicious and a great alternative to the ‘real thing’ as it is vegan.
Makes approx. 12 cookies
1/2 cup vegan butter (I use Vitalite)
1/4 cup white sugar (I have used both brown sugar, coconut sugar & maple syrup as a sugar alternative however the cookies come out quite dark, but still comes out tasty)
1 1/2 cups plain flour
Raspberry/Strawberry jam for filling (I use the brand St. Dalfour as this has no added sugar and is naturally of high fruit content or you can experiment making your own).
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy
- Add the flour, tbsp by tbsp until all the flour has combined well into a ball
- Cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes (the colder the better)
- Before rolling out the cookie dough, flour your work surface and rolling pin well
- Roll out the cookie dough to 1/2 cm
- Cut out 12 small cookie pieces and then another 12 pieces with the middle cut out to the shape you want (I used the cookie cutter shown below with a heart shape middle piece)
- Put the pieces on a flat baking tray topped with baking sheet and bake in the oven for approx. 12 minutes
- Once cookies are ready, on the flat bottom piece, add 1/2 tsp of raspberry jam in the middle and add the top piece gently on top
- Leave to one side to cook before enjoy (I know it will be hard to resist)!