This soup is not only filling and satisfying, it is so tasty and creamy without the use of dairy.
1 cauliflower head: cut into bite-size pieces
1 large potato/2 medium: peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
2 medium carrots: peeled and sliced
2 celery stalks: sliced
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1 small can of coconut milk
1 small can of sweetcorn (in water only)
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, add the coconut oil and all the vegetables except the cauliflower. Sauté for 5 minutes
- Add 2 litres of just boiled water, stir and cover to simmer for 20 minutes
- Add cauliflower and simmer for a further 10 minutes, until all vegetables are tender
- Add coconut milk, salt & pepper
- With a hand held blender, blend the ingredients to a smooth consistency
- Add the sweetcorn
- Add more freshly grated black pepper
- Serve with some crusty sourdough bread or raw crackers to complete this meal.
Instead of white potato, this dish also tastes great with sweet potato. Try this for an even more nutritious soup!