These ‘raw energy balls’ are a great healthy alternative to chocolates and biscuits, when the body gets that sugar craving, or you are on the go and need a little ‘something healthy’ to tide you over until your next meal. These are also a great treat pre or post your gym workout, especially by adding some protein powder to enhance the nutritionally value to this power balls!
Makes between 10-16 balls depending on size
1 cup walnuts/cashews
1 cup pitted dates
1 tbsp lemon juice
Optional: Pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, Himalayan salt
- In a food processor blend the walnuts
- Add all the other until the mixture has come together
- Empty into a bowl and start to roll into balls (to the size you like). I would use gloves to do this as it will give you a better round shape with sticking to your fingers.
Leave plain or you can roll in desiccated coconut, mix ground nuts, freeze-dried berry powder (strawberry work really well and is colourful)!
– Chocolate: add 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
– Chocolate & orange: add 1 tbsp raw cacao powder and 1/2 tsp of orange essence
– No Nuts: add 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds and 2 tbsp ground hemp seeds to replace nuts
– For that ‘WOW’ red look, great for Valentines day, buy some freeze-dried strawberry in powder forms and once the raw balls are ready, coat them in this vibrant red & tangy powder.