A delicious and healthy alternative to ‘fried’ foods, when you fancy something tasty yet filling and satisfying.
4 large Maris Piper potatoes, skin, wash and slice into chunky ‘chip’ slices
Sunflower oil or spray (or coconut or olive oil) to rub into potatoes (approx. 4-6 tbsp)
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional: smoked paprika (for Cajun style chips)
- Wash and dry potatoes with paper towel
- Spread potatoes out evenly on a flat baking tray
- Spray or rub oil potatoes evenly
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (you can add smoked paprika for added cajun smoked flavour)
- Cook in the oven for approx. 40 minutes on 190oC, mixing the potatoes midway
- Enjoy with some home-made tomato ketchup (recipe below).
Alternatives: You can use sweet potatoes in place of white potatoes or to mix it up (1/2 sweet/ 1/2 white).
You can enjoy your chips on their own with ketchup or simply served with a side salad or as an accompaniment to your main meal (tofu, tempeh, fish, meat, lentils, lasagne, pasta bake etc.).
Home-made tomato ketchup (will keep in the fridge for 1 month)
* 1 tbsp sunflower oil
* 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
* 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
* 1 tsp Himalayan salt
* 1/4 cup tomato passata (if you have any left over fresh tomatoes, you can use these)
* 4 tbsp tomato puree
* 2 stock cubes (melted in 2 tbsp of hot water)
* 1/2 tsp of mixed Italian herbs
* 1/4 tsp of black pepper
Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix until it has become a smooth texture.