A dish full of colour and totally nutritious, with great source of iron, magnesium, minerals and totally alkaline to energise your body (…and mind)!
1 x 400g frozen peas
1 x 250g fresh spinach
1 bunch of fresh mint, chopped
1 225g butter bean pack/tin
1 cup green cabbage, sliced
1/4 inch fresh ginger, grated
2 stalks celery, sliced
salt & pepper to taste
Juice from 1/2 lemon per person for drizzling before serving
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil per person for drizzling before serving
- In a sauce pan add 8 cups of just boiled water and add all the veggies except beans, peas, lemon and olive oil.
- Bring to boil and turn down to gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Gently blend all ingredients, still leaving chunks.
- Add the butter beans, salt & pepper.
- Serve into bowls and drizzle in the lemon juice and olive oil.