A truly delicious and creamy hummus that can be eaten on its own, in a sandwich (great with cucumber and/or sun-dried tomato) or as a dip for some veggie crudités. Very healthy and nutritious.
1 can chickpeas (drained, keep the liquid to one side)
3 tbsp tahini
Juice from 1 lemon/lime
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vegan mayo
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
2 cloves garlic
Additional main feature flavours:
1) Basil: add 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, washed
2) Coriander: add 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, washed
3) Sun-dried tomato: add 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomato marinaded in oil. You can replace the oil from the main ingredients with the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar
4) Spice: add 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes or 1/2 inch of fresh red chilli pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until combined into the right texture. If the mixture is too dry, add some of the chickpea liquid. Taste as you go along. You may need to add more salt, or pepper or lemon juice. Add to suit your taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a few olives and a sprinkling of paprika for colour.
- Enjoy with some toasted bread, bread sticks or with a salad.